Is it convinient or cool to be a Stereotype?
Who decides/decided the below(Society)?
- The kind of clothes a man should wear and the way he should
- The kind of clothes a woman should wear and how she should
- Women are meant to be well groomed.
- Women take care of the household and family(yes that is implicit
even in the 21st Century).
- The man must be older than a woman in a relationship(married or
- The man is the head of the family.
- The man should be taller than the woman.
- The man must possess a higher qualification than the woman.
- The woman must look beautiful no matter how ugly the man is.
- The list continues.....
The list is lengthy and exhaustive.
What is it that influences this mindset? How difficult is it to break away from this stereotypical mindset and yet be part of such a society? I am sure it is easier said than done!
What is your take on this?