- Start spamming each other's inboxes with forwards about Azaadi, Hamaara Bharath Mahan, etc?
- Buy and pin flags to ourselves?
- Wear clothes that contain the tri-color(Is that not disrespect to wrap the flag around)?
- Telecast and watch so to speak Patriotic movies and Jai Jawan?
- Recite the National Anthem(while we don't stand in attention and respect the anthem)?
The list is endless. It seems more like a forced ritual than something that comes from within. Why don't we otherwise think of the soldiers who pledge their life for the nation? Why does the government award them much lesser than software geeks when it comes to monetary benefits. There is no comparison to there services. Why does not the Indian government make it mandatory for every boy and girl to serve the nation for a minimum period of at least two years?
I believe there is no profession that can match the Forces(with all due to respect to them), be it Pride or Dignity.I understand, empathize and have great regard, as I come from a Defence family and always, wanted to join the Forces. Call it Fate, Destiny or Luck was not with me. :-(